TPDDL Value Proposition
Who we are
Tata Power-DDL has been the frontrunner in implementing power distribution reforms in the capital city and is acknowledged for its consumer friendly practices. Since privatization, the Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses in Tata Power-DDL areas have shown a record decline. AT&C loss is a measure of overall efficiency of the distribution business that is the difference between units input into the system and the units for which the payment is collected. Today, AT&C losses stand at 9.87%, which is an unprecedented reduction of around 81% from an opening loss level of 53% in July 2002.
Tata Power-DDL has to its credit several firsts in Delhi: SCADA controlled Grid Stations, Automatic Meter Reading, GSM based Street Lighting system, SMS based Fault Management System, etc. Tata Power-DDL has also embarked on its Smart Grid Journey and has become the first utility to initiate Automated Metering Infrastructure based Auto Demand Response program in the country which will help in managing peak demand & Grid stress.
Tata Power-DDL Approach
Study on Solar Project:
In 2014, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (Tata Power-DDL) received a grant from the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) to complete a feasibility study titled “Business Models for Distributed Energy Resource Deployment”.TPDDL engaged Energy and Environmental Economics (E3), a recognized energy consulting agency based out of San Francisco to conduct the study.
Main objective of the study was –
- Develop the business case for Distributed Energy Resources (DER), with focus on rooftop solar
- Identify the regulatory roadmap and implementation strategies for DER and solar
- Assess the tradeoffs between different solar policies (NEM and alternatives)
Approval from Hon’ble Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission:
In its endeavor to make Solar Project initiative a success in Delhi, in addition to the provisions available to the Consumers for implementation of rooftop Solar Projects on their own, Tata Power-DDL would like to offer its services to its consumers for further facilitating Solar Project implementation. The Hon’ble Commission has accepted Tata Power-DDL proposal and has approved its proposed initiatives in Solar Projects which will ensure standardization and uniform compliance with stipulated Regulations as well as quality and safety norms.
Brand leadership : MNRE Empanelment with Highest Grading
Tata Power-DDL received the highest honor rating of SP IA (pronounced as solar power one A) as a “System Integration Grading for Solar PV projects” from ICRA Limited in the context of empanelment with Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India as Channel Partner. This indicates ‘highest performance capability’ & ‘highest financial strength’ of Tata Power-DDL to undertake solar PV projects.
Tata Power-DDL Value proposition
- Empanelment of Implementing Agency with open competitive bidding to provide techno- commercially most suitable Solar Plant to Tata Power-DDL consumers
- Standardization of Equipment Specification & Technology
- Dedicated technical team from Tata Power-DDL to monitor & facilitate installation, testing and commissioning of the Solar Plants
- Tata Power-DDL Consumer Care Centres & Call Centre will provide facilitation at each step.
- Tata Power-DDL empanelled Implementing Agency shall ensure reliable output and optimum generation of such units installed through 5 / 7 / 10 year maintenance contracts.
Please Click on the link below to download the related documents